2012年12月13日星期四

What am I going to wear to school today?


On this Friday, as the gathering comes to a close, several young women mark the start of the Sabbath by lighting candles. Mr. Greenberg hopes the crowd will stay and pray, like the generations that came before them.One day a week, more than 700 students dress for success when they attend classes at the Mayfield Intermediate School in http://www.toppromdressescheap.com/la-femme-17540-beading-open-keyhole-full-length-gown-red-sale-p-233.html. Boys wear suit coats and ties. The girls wear nice clothing like dresses or skirts and blouses. The head of the school believed that once a week, his students should wear something other than blue jeans. So he created a program called “Dress for Success.” He and his teachers hope it will improve the behavior of their students and help them become successful.

“What am I going to wear to school today?” That is the question 10-year-old Diana Otero asks herself each morning. But not on Mondays. That is when she knows exactly what she is going to http://www.toppromdressescheap.com/terani-j1397-beading-bustierstyle-highcut-side-slit-dress-navy-p-183.html -- she dresses like she is going to work, and it makes her feel good.“I feel important and confident.”At school, Diana and the other students attend classes and other activities just like they would if they were not dressed-up. This is Diana’s first year in the Dress for Success program. She likes it.“I feel like this program enhances our learning opportunity.”

That is why student Shawn Arrigo likes the program.“If you, like, feel good and you’re, like, sitting and it is comfortable, then you’re not going to have any problems focusing.”Shawn says he does better in http://www.toppromdressescheap.com/discount-la-femme-15986-pink-with-leafpatterned-belt-p-134.html when he is dressed up.“It makes me feel more mature.”It also makes him look like one of the people he wants to be like – school principal Jeff Abt, the creator of “Dress for Success.”“I asked the kids if they’d consciously make an effort to wear something different on this day. I think it presented a climate where the students said, ‘You know what, I’ve worked hard, I’m dressed in my best and I’m going to do my best on this day.’”

没有评论:

发表评论